Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm doing it! I'm quitting my day job!

I haven't posted in a while.  I've been talking on some message boards and been working on book 3.  Sorry to have neglected you blogger :)

My combined earnings from my book sales on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and iTunes have now exceeded $80,000 (in about 6 months).  That kind of income makes it possible for me to ask for an unpaid leave of absence from my day job for a year and write, write, write.

It's scary and exciting and...did I mention scary?  I've got kids and a mortgage.  What if this doesn't work?

Nope, I can't think like that.  It is going to work.  I'm going to pour my heart into book 3.  As soon as it's finished, I'll have time to work on my other books...my cowboy romance and my sci-fi.  So by December of next year I could have book 3 and book 4 of my billionaires up...as well as one of the other two romances.  That has to be able to support us while I make the move into my new career. 

I cannot tell you how grateful I am to those who have helped me along my way down this path. 

If you're reading this and wondering if you can do it -- you can. I'm not saying that it is going to be easy or without setbacks.  Writing is a humbling experience.  You're almost never ready when you think you are.  And just when you're about to give up -- that's usually when you've worked hard enough that you're just about to have a breakthrough.

Surround yourself with positive people who will help you improve your craft...no matter what level of writing you're at. Avoid those who feel that this is a competition.  By working together and helping other authors succeed, we all do better.

I'll be on this blog more, just sharing .

Thank you for sharing this adventure with me.

3 comments:

  1. I’m so glad for you, Ruth, and for your family too. I’m wishing you the best, and I know that you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna! I'll be finishing out my school year, but just knowing that I will be writing full-time soon is so exciting!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for that information! Can I ask you... How many sales do you get from itunes as opposed to B&N and Amazon?

    ReplyDelete