Thursday, July 7, 2011

Isn't it wonderful?

I still can't believe that I met (and am now exceeding) 100,000 download on Maid for the Billionaire.  It's truly a dream come true.  The most amazing part?  When people write to me about what they enjoyed about the book and I see that THEY GOT IT.

I think of a good category romance like a roller coaster....and as a reader I'm drawn to certain types of books because they have the turns and the flips I like.  I like knowing that nothing too bad is going to happen.  I enjoy the crazy situations the characters find themselves in, the huge fight that makes it seem like they could never get back together, and I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

I still get emails and reviews that inform me of how completely unrealistic my story is.  I laugh with glee and think to myself, I KNOW, ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?

As I revise and deepen Nicole and Stephan's book,  I hope their story finds the same acceptance.   I'd love to be here again after the August release of For Love or Legacy, announcing the same reader reaction to my second book.

On that note, back to the computer for me.....back to New York where Stephan is still being a stinker and Nicole is not going to be very happy when she finds out what he has been up to.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this journey.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the kind words.



2 comments:

  1. I don't know how or why I ended up downloading you book onto my kindle but I have to say that I am so happy I did. Once I started the book I couldn't put it down. It was so good I wish I could meet the characters in person. After finishing the book I immediately started looking for book 2. Thanks for writing such a great book, I look forward to the future reads following the dynamic group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    Thank you for the heartwarming post! I might just have to print it out and keep it with me for when I need a little pep talk.

    I have met so many amazing people through this self-publishing experiment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts -- and for putting a smile on my face this morning.

    Now, off to get some writing done before the baby wakes.

    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete