I met some incredible people at a writer's tea today and learned so many things.
- Create space on Amazon is worth looking into. You can get a hard copy of your book in trade book size. Apparently people don't mind spending more for this. I thought it would be weird if I have Book 1 up for FREE and then charge for the hard copy, but a publisher said it wasn't odd at all.
- I learned that even though I went through Smashwords, I don't have an ISBN....or learning about ISBNs is definitely something I need to look into further. It doesn't matter so much for what I've done so far, but it will matter as I move forward.
- I learned that you can sell different rights to your book. For example, I can sell just the audio rights to Maid for the Billionaire. I had no idea. I can sell international rights.
- I learned that you can talk to a publisher for a long time before anyone clues you in that you're not talking to a fellow writer....lol
- I learned more about Twitter....the mysterious world of Twitter.
- I heard about this site http://www.romancenovelcovers.com/....where you can buy ready made covers for reasonable prices...