Saturday, July 23, 2011

Oh, the things I know and don't know

I met some incredible people at a writer's tea today and learned so many things.  

  • Create space on Amazon is worth looking into.  You can get a hard copy of your book in trade book size.  Apparently people don't mind spending more for this.  I thought it would be weird if I have Book 1 up for FREE and then charge for the hard copy, but a publisher said it wasn't odd at all.
  • I learned that even though I went through Smashwords, I don't have an ISBN....or learning about ISBNs is definitely something I need to look into further.  It doesn't matter so much for what I've done so far, but it will matter as I move forward.
  • I learned that you can sell different rights to your book.  For example, I can sell just the audio rights to Maid for the Billionaire.  I had no idea.  I can sell international rights.  
  • I learned that you can talk to a publisher for a long time before anyone clues you in that you're not talking to a fellow writer....lol
  • I learned more about Twitter....the mysterious world of Twitter.
  • I heard about this site  http://www.romancenovelcovers.com/....where you can buy ready made covers for reasonable prices...
It's late so I'll share more tomorrow....but great day full of helpful self-publishing information.

No comments:

Post a Comment