Friday, May 27, 2011

FINALLY FREE

Getting a reader base is the reason even well published authors put ebooks up on Amazon for free. Not really sure why Amazon only offers this service now as a publicity courtesy to established authors, but it has been my goal all along to get my book on there for free. It's why I originally found Smashwords.

Well, today Amazon UK finally dropped my price to FREE and I instantly had 280 downloads....up from a pretty stable 8-10.

I don't know if Amazon US will drop it next. I had a spike in downloads there even though it is still priced at 99 cents. Today about 40 people downloaded it....bringing me over the 100 mark. Now, considering you only make 35% profit...we're not talking about much money, but I'm thrilled to see that people are beginning to find me.


No comments:

Post a Comment