Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Promoting

Daily downloads tally:
1887 on Smashwords.com
30 on Amazon.com (USA) 9 on Kindle UK Store
2 on Barnes and Nobel. Whoo whoo. I'm so excited to see the zero disappear. (Ranking 87,083....lol)


In my fantasy, the numbers above eventually provide encouragement for those who are just starting out. I know one thing for sure -- nothing can happen if I don't try.

And that is what makes this so exciting -- almost anything is possible.



Today's promotional endeavors:
  • talked the book up to everyone I came across.
  • read about virtual book tours utilizing facebook and blogs...this is something to think about
  • applied for an ISBN at Smashwords
  • put my book on some free ebook sites
  • added adsense to my blog. I have no idea what that will do, but I thought I'd try it.
Today was tough for writing, but nice for my family. I spent the evening walking my one year old outside instead of writing. We played with chickens, pet the horses, and watched Dad make a deck.

It's all about balance. Not easy -- but nothing worthwhile ever is.

No comments:

Post a Comment