Friday, June 10, 2011

Kindergarten quote - Don't fix it

I saw one of my male students squirming in his seat one morning.  Sometimes Kindergarten students soil their pants and are afraid to tell you.  Sometimes they have underwear situations they are unsure of how to handle in public.

I asked my student if he had to go to the bathroom.

He said, "No," but continued to squirm in his seat.  I went back over and asked him if he was ok.



He pointed to the front of his pants and said, "Something is wrong down there."

I thought his underwear might have shifted or he might be uncomfortably positioned.  I simply said, "Oh, honey, if you're not comfortable just go in the bathroom and fix it."

He shook his head vehemently and said, "My dad said you don't fix it. You just ignore it and it
goes away."

It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about.  Finally, unable to think of anything I could say to a child that isn't mine, I said, "Your dad is a very wise man."

1 comment:

  1. Bwhahahaha!!! I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't find a little boy's discomfort so funny, but this deserved a round of laughter. :-)

    ReplyDelete