Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kindergarten quote - Tooth Fairy

At my school we are still allowed to dress up for Halloween. A few years ago, I dressed up as the Tooth Fairy. The children in the classroom next door had a difficult time understanding that the it was just a costume.

A few weeks after Halloween a little girl from the other class came up to me in the hallway and asked, "How do you do it?"

I answered, "How do I do what?"

She asked, "How do you get in everybody's house? Santa has a sleigh. Do you fly?"

I finally got it.  I asked, "Oh, you mean, as the Tooth Fairy?"

She started to look frustrated and said, "I know you're the Tooth Fairy, but how do you get to everybody's house in one night? How do you know who lost their teeth?"


I couldn't help but laugh because she was so serious.  I leaned down and told her confidentially, "I am not actually the Tooth Fairy. I just wore that costume for Halloween."

A second girl joined the first and they moved a foot away from me as if I could not hear them there.

The second girl asked her friend, "How does she do it?"

My disappointed inquisitor stated, "She wouldn't tell me."

The Tooth Fairy is a tough nut to crack; unlike Santa Claus who will tell you everything if you ask him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment