Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Novel now FREE on Amazon. Will it work?

Here we go.  My original goal was to have Maid for the Billionaire go FREE on Amazon.com  It's the reason I put my novel on Smashwords for free.  

The goal is to make it to the top of the Bestselling FREE list...to be seen and read...and to create a base of readers who will be ready to purchase the next book in the series.

The only drawback is that I was already selling 100 books a  day for .99...and that would have been a nice chunk of change by the end of the month.

Everything I've read said that this is what I want.  They say my sales will go up afterwards. 

We'll see.

I'm still tweeting and still planning promotion ideas -- but I'm interested to see how this turns out. 

I had sold 800 books for .99 by 4:30 today.  About 1,300 people downloaded my book as soon as it  went FREE.

Biting my nails.  Cross your fingers for me.  Will Maid for the Billionaire make it into the single digits on the bestseller's list?  I quickly went from 94 to 48 with the spike.



 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fascinating experiment. Amazing how quickly sales spiked. Good luck - I'll be watching with keen interest :)

    ReplyDelete