Thursday, June 9, 2011

Totals after day one of being FREE on Amazon.com

AmazonUS  (4,000) ^ 3,200 since it went FREE last night (for the month)


AmazonUK  2845 (Free)  #8 on the  Free Romance bestselling list (monthly total)


Smashwords 3882 (since 4-21-11)  (Free) 1 @ .99...only 1 sale since I changed the price to .99
Barnes and Nobel 2 


Not sure what to do with Smashwords right now.  Do I want to make it free again for about a month to optimize exposure?  Do I want to leave my first book free indefinitely so that there will be a higher interest when I put the second book up at the end of the summer?

I'm doing a lot of reading on the subject, but it looks like people approach this in a lot of different ways.  For now, I'm going to leave Smashwords at .99 so I can petition Amazon to raise the price if I decide to later.

I recently read that it's a compliment if they make you FREE.  I don't know if that's true at all or if it's a computer that does it...  Just one more thing to learn along this journey.










No comments:

Post a Comment